Wednesday 18 January 2012

STORM!

I think I have found a new favourite poem!!!! I rarely like modern poetry (apart from Twat by JCC, which is pretty old nowadays and the poem I posted last April by Itch from The King Blues) but I saw this on TV last week and I absolutely love it. Aside from the fact that Tim Minchin is one of my biggest crushes EVER, I generally find his little songs very very intelligent, funny and I like how they push boundaries of what it is acceptable to sing about (particularly in a country music style). I hadn't heard any of his poems until the other night when I heard this 9 minute beat poem named Storm and fell in love with it right away. 




I don't think many people could commit to 9 whole minutes, ranting about something with such a cool background tune, and also he is tackling some issues people really believe in, which again is a brave move. Plus, there aren't many men I could take seriously with no shoes on, but yet Tim, I can manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment