Sunday 29 January 2012

Not so wild in Birmingham

So I went to the Lomo event in Selfridges in Birmingham on Thursday evening. We had already seen the new products on the website on our way down - they are gorgeous!!! We got to Birmingham in good time and went right to Selfridges. The pop-up stand looked fab!!! All nautical and turquoise. The beer was indeed free, and the lovely Jo who works there had made camera shaped cookies for the occasion. There were loads of people there and Dave and me really enjoyed chatting to people. Plus Tony made it down from Derby with all his old soviet cameras and it was great to catch up with him. The beers flowed all night, and were free. And it was pretty strange getting drunk in Selfridges whilst it was still open. There was a lot of buzz around the Lomo event so I hope it got some good reviews off both the public and the press. My only issue with the evening was that they didn't have the new products!!! I was so gutted I didn't get to see the beautiful Diana Mini in the flesh. I got over it pretty quickly however and had a great night. I am looking forward to seeing my pictures when I get them developed but for now here are a few Instagram images I snapped.  I felt a bit guilty really using an iphone app designed to emulate Lomography at a lomo event!!!


The decor, the sign in the centre of the store, and Dave walking on the lomowall floor (well I guess, since they don't have walls!)


It was a super night and we got to see my Mum and Dad afterwards - they picked us from Coventry station and made us a picnic for tea! It was nice to see them, even though it was a bit of a flying visit. Dave had a great time too, he even got his Kiev out for the event and as he hasn't used it for ages, I was glad to see it make a rare appearance as it gets great shots.


Dave's beautiful Kiev 88
I think the funniest thing about the whole weekend was, after waiting for the megabus for an hour in the cold, we got on and sat at the front. There was a man by the door who had got off to have a cigarette and as he was about to get back on he said to the driver "there is a lady running to the bus", the driver said angrily "well why is she running now? We are an hour late" and then my mum appeared at the door of the bus waving a Sainsburys bag at me!!! She had been shopping whilst we were at the stop and she had bought me a gorgeous top and cardigan and wanted to give it to me! Ha - it was hilarious! Good job I don't get embarrassed easily! Do your parents ever do batty things like that or is it just mine?

10 comments:

  1. beautiful blog layout! And that cameras cool, I am now following you!

    Amelia xx

    http://wearableartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it is my boyfriend's second love (I hope!) x

      Delete
  2. Ah, sounds like a cool event!
    And yes definitely. My parents are right bat-sters,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't aware my mum even did "running" haha!

      Delete
  3. Gosh, your blog is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post! Especially the camera, haha.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha what a funny story. But how sweet of your mum :-)Gotta love the megabus!

    http://lovelettersandsnippets.blogspot.com/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do love the megabus but the one hour wait was a bit much! The top cheered me up though x

      Delete