Sunday 19 June 2011

Camera Review 3 - Fisheye No. 2

When I first got my Fisheye No.2, the thing I found most difficult was remembering to always take the lens cap off when I took a photo. It turns out that I am not the only one as there are a few pics up on lomography showing the lens cap from the inside! 
Once I had this mastered I got shooting right away. At first I loved the camera, it is easy to use, has a flash built in, no need to set distance and it has long exposure capability. Plus they are at the cheaper end of lomography cameras so a thumbs up there as well. Below are some of my early shots taken on this one.




The problem I encountered fairly quickly however was that when using the flash for fisheye shots led to a dark patch in the bottom right corner of each frame. Obviously one of the best times to use this camera is on a night out in a big group of friends, but that dark spot was killing me! That is the only major criticism I had of this camera early on.



The perfect solution for me was of course the lomography ringflash. This is bascially a circular shaped flash that goes all around the lens casting an even light throughout the photo. I only got it last week but I am chuffed to bits with it and it has really got me using my Fisheye again. The shots below were experimental ones taken with the ringflash on.



Of course the ringflash at £60 is virtually the same price as the Fisheye No 2 itself so is a bit pricey but it is worth mentioning that it also fits Diana F+, Lomo LC-A and Holga so I know that for me it is a worthwhile investment, although I haven't tested it on those as yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment