Tuesday 22 February 2011

Sad and angry Lomo-mood

Today is a good day in some ways as the photos me and Dave had such a fun time taking a couple of weeks ago came back from the lovely Linda at Lomography in London (that is a bit of a mouthful!). I was not as disappointed with the results as I thought I would be (as it had become a bit of a rush in the end) and in fact for some I was largely very happy. However, we sent off 9 films each and although Dave has all of his back, in print form at least, I only got 7. I am missing the 2 rolls I shot on the fisheye no. 2 camera, which is terribly sad as that is the first camera I used and I am sure I put a lot of effort in and did some good shots. I then loaded up my CDs, partly because I wanted to get them online asap and partly to see if my missing Fisheye no. 2 shots were hiding away in there, only to discover that on the CD I am also missing a Diana F+ roll, a half finished Coloursplash roll, admittedly only half came out as the flash wouldn't work and it was night, and my precious LC-A+ second roll which I have the prints for and absolutely love. Of course, as I have the negs I could go through them and scan them myself but it seems a bit daft in Linda has already had them done. I am hoping if I email her tomorrow then she will say "oh yes sorry I still have a CD here, and 2 rolls of Fisheye film for you Claire" but I know she is a busy lady and I imagine trying to find some CDs in the lomo office is needle in a haystack territory. 


I am also a bit angry at Dave, my beloved, partly his own fault and partly not. He got all his photos and CDs back from Lomo Linda, which takes the mick a bit as I arranged it all, packaged it all etc etc. I swear sometimes that man could fall in a barrel of shit and come out smelling of roses. That is not his fault I guess and due to his recent shit news then he could do with some good luck so I don't really begrudge him I am just a bit jealous. I am angry at him however because when we were doing the photos, obviously if we wanted to be in one of our photos we got it all ready and then asked our lovely partner to take it for us. The ones I have taken of him, for his rolls of film and his part of this project and perfectly posed, perfectly lined up and look really good. The ones he has taken of me are rubbish. On half of them I am not ready and on the others he has just chopped part of me off. It is not that he can't do it, it is that he doesn't want to help other people - so selfish. I only got into photography so that we could do it together but it hardly seems fair that he would be like that with me. 


Grrrrrrrrrr rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment