Monday 9 May 2011

The saddest day of the year for me

The saddest day of the year always falls on the Monday after my birthday weekend, so today. I am feeling blue as usual. The reason for this is that the Fri/Sat/Sun closest to my birthday are when all my friends come up for a few days, and for many of them, this is the only time they visit Leeds in a year. Obviously there is a strong possibility I will meet up with some of them between now and next May but not all of us together like we just were. And I have the best time with them. I don't laugh ever as much as I laugh with those people on my birthday. They know me better than anyone and we are all so different yet at the same time so similar. It kills me that we all live so far apart and that our annual gathering is just the once in every 12 months. They only left 15 hours ago and I miss them already. We are all fairly disorganised so making it more regular always seems like a good idea but then it never seems to materialise. Booooo to them not all living here anymore, the traitors!






No comments:

Post a Comment